Free delivery to Marlow, Maidenhead, Frieth, Lane End
It’s clear that our behaviour, in many cases, impacts the environment and by making some easy choices to do things differently we can have a personal impact on our “footprint” and collectively we could make a massive change.
If I turn the tap off whilst I brush my teeth (twice a day) I estimate I save 30 litres of water a day
Now imagine if 65 million people switched the tap off whilst they were brushing their teeth rather than leaving it running. Twice a day – 365 days a year – that’s roughly 700 million cubic meters of water we would save (the biggest reservoir in the UK is Rutland which holds 124 million cubic meters – so about six of these!).
So, its little steps by each of us, that lead to big changes. Here are a few behaviour change ideas that Tread Lightly will campaign on going forward:
1. Got the Bottle– stop buying single use plastic water bottles. Get yourself a smart bottle – glass, plastic or metal and use it forever! Plan ahead! Starting with a New Years resolution let’s see who is still “in the club” by Christmas 2021
2. Got the Bottle 2– Swap Supermarket plastic carton milk for “Milk and More” type home deliveries using glass bottles which are washed and reused.
3. Fly less – easy at the moment – but when more normal conditions return can you avoid air travel?
4. Drive less and walk more– you save money and get fitter – win win!
5. Switch it off – energy costs money, so don’t leave appliances on when they aren’t in use (and maybe choose to buy from a renewable energy provider). Also consider how energy efficient appliances are when buying.
6. Don’t Eat Meat – for a day; a week; a month or forever! It helps minimalise Global warming.
7. Get it mended or repaired – rather than replaced. Tyr mending it yourself – there is loads of advice and help online and its really satisfying to bring something back to life!
8. And turn the tap off when you brush!